For the ultimate blend of rich flavors and textures, try this recipe. Premium Braveheart Black Angus Beef Tenderloin Medallions are topped with a rich cream sauce featuring crunchy nuts and fresh herbs, then served over perfectly cooked pasta.
- 1 8 oz. Braveheart® Black Angus Beef Tenderloin, Medallions
- 1/2 Cup(s) cheese crumbles, gorgonzola
- 3 garlic, clove(s), minced
- 3 Tbsp(s). Nature's Best Dairy® Butter, Unsalted, divide into 2 T. and 1 T.
- 3/4 Cup(s) Nature's Best Dairy® Cream, Heavy
- 1/2 Cup(s) Peak Fresh Produce® Basil, chopped
- 1 Cup(s) Piancone® Pasta, Penne, uncooked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp(s). thyme, fresh, chopped
- 3/4 Cup(s) walnuts, pieces
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and quickly sear filet medallions to desired temperature.
- Immediately remove from heat and reserve for service.
- In the same pan that the beef was seared in, melt the remaining butter and begin to sauté the walnuts.
- Add the garlic and thyme and sauté until fragrant, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Be careful not to scorch!
- Add the cream and cheese to the pan and allow the sauce to reduce until nappe (coats a spoon).
- Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste and reserve warm for service.
- Boil pasta until al dente and drain.
- Combine sauce and pasta in a stainless steel mixing bowl making sure to incorporate thoroughly.
- Place in a large serving bowl and lay the beef medallions on top of the pasta dish.
- Garnish with the fresh thyme and basil.