This Beef Braciole will leave you and your guests wanting more! Braveheart serves only the highest quality beef that makes this recipe even more delicious.
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lbs. Braveheart® Black Angus Beef Steak(s), Flank
- 8 oz. pancetta, diced
- 1 cup Peak Fresh Produce® Basil, chiffonade
- 4-6 leaves Peak Fresh Produce® Basil, minced
- 5 Peak Fresh Produce® Garlic, Clove(s), roughly chopped
- 4 Peak Fresh Produce® Garlic, Clove(s), sliced
- 1/2 cup Peak Fresh Produce® Parsley, Fresh, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Piancone® Cheese, Pecorino Romano, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. Piancone® Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin
- 1/3 cup Piancone® Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper, flakes
- 5 slices Roma® Prosciutto Reserve, chopped
- 1 can Roma® Tomatoes, Canned Crushed
- - salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 qt. water
- Butterfly the flank steak. Cut cross marks every 2-3 inches on the beef against the grain about half way through. Cover with plastic and pound to about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick.
- In a small food chopper or mill, make a paste out of pancetta, garlic, parsley and olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix prosciutto, basil and Romano. Add puréed pancetta mixture and mix.
- Sprinkle pounded beef with salt and pepper and spread filling on meat, leaving one long edge free. Roll ending on side with no filling and finish with seam side down.
- Then, cut beef into six separate rolls. Using butcher’s twine, seal each end of each roll.
- Brown braciole rolls until browned on all sides. About 2-3 minutes per side. Set seared beef aside.
- In same pan, lower heat to medium and add slice garlic, basil, mint and red pepper flakes. Cook for only a minute or less until garlic just starts to turn color. Add tomatoes, water, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Reduce to low heat to simmer. Bring to a simmer and place seared beef into sauce. Cover slightly and simmer gently for 90 minutes.
- Remove beef, clip off strings and cut each piece into about four slices for serving. (Alternately the individual rolls may be served as a portion without slicing.)